What does an Audio-Visual and Multimedium Collection Specialist do?
Prepare, plan, and operate multimedia teaching aids for use in education. May record, catalogue, and file materials.
- Set up, adjust, and operate audio-visual equipment, such as cameras, film and slide projectors, and recording equipment, for meetings, events, classes, seminars, and video conferences.
- Offer presentations and workshops on the role of multimedia in effective presentations.
- Attend conventions and conferences, read trade journals, and communicate with industry insiders to keep abreast of industry developments.
- Instruct users in the selection, use, and design of audio-visual materials and assist them in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Maintain hardware and software, including computers, scanners, color copiers, and color laser printers.
- Confer with teachers to select course materials and to determine which training aids are best suited to particular grade levels.
- Perform simple maintenance tasks, such as cleaning monitors and lenses and changing batteries and light bulbs.
- Develop manuals, texts, workbooks, or related materials for use in conjunction with production materials.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assistants and other personnel during production.
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums necessary to meet production objectives effectively and within budgetary constraints.
- Acquire, catalog, and maintain collections of audio-visual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
- Narrate presentations and productions.
- Construct and position properties, sets, lighting equipment, and other equipment.
- Develop preproduction ideas and incorporate them into outlines, scripts, story boards, and graphics.
- Plan and prepare audio-visual teaching aids and methods for use in school systems.
- Produce rough and finished graphics and graphic designs.
- Locate and secure settings, properties, effects, and other production necessities.
- Install audio-visual equipment.