What does an Ambulance Driver and Attendant, Except Emergency Medical Technician do?
Drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Assist in lifting patients.
- Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
- Remove and replace soiled linens or equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Place patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants.
- Accompany and assist emergency medical technicians on calls.
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications.
- Replace supplies and disposable items on ambulances.
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Administer first aid, such as bandaging, splinting, or administering oxygen.
- Restrain or shackle violent patients.