What does an Advertising Sale Agent do?
Sell or solicit advertising space, time, or media in publications, signage, TV, radio, or the Internet. Includes individuals who obtain leases for outdoor advertising sites or persuade retailers to use sales promotion display items.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.
- Draw up contracts for advertising work and collect payments due.
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Recommend appropriate sizes and formats for advertising, depending on medium being used.
- Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples.
- Obtain and study information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Determine advertising medium to be used and prepare sample advertisements within the selected medium for presentation to customers.
- Consult with company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies to develop promotional plans.
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts, using computer.
- Identify new advertising markets and propose products to serve them.
- Write copy as part of layout.
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, and training seminars to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge.
- Gather all relevant material for bid processes and coordinate bidding and contract approval.
- Arrange for commercial taping sessions and accompany clients to sessions.
- Write sales outlines for use by staff.