What does a Spa Manager do?
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of a spa facility. Coordinate programs, schedule and direct staff, and oversee financial activities.
- Inform staff of job responsibilities, performance expectations, client service standards, or corporate policies and guidelines.
- Plan or direct spa services and programs.
- Train staff in the use or sale of products, programs, or activities.
- Assess employee performance and suggest ways to improve work.
- Check spa equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Coordinate facility schedules to maximize usage and efficiency.
- Develop staff service or retail goals and guide staff in goal achievement.
- Establish spa budgets and financial goals.
- Inventory products and order new supplies.
- Monitor operations to ensure compliance with applicable health, safety, or hygiene standards.
- Perform accounting duties, such as recording daily cash flow, preparing bank deposits, or generating financial statements.
- Recruit, interview, or hire employees.
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints.
- Schedule staff or supervise scheduling.
- Verify staff credentials, such as educational and certification requirements.
- Develop or implement marketing strategies.
- Direct facility maintenance or repair.
- Maintain client databases.
- Participate in continuing education classes to maintain current knowledge of industry.
- Schedule guest appointments.
- Sell products, services, or memberships.