What does a Helpers--Extraction Worker do?
Help extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers, blasters and explosives workers, derrick operators, and mining machine operators, by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying equipment or cleaning work area.
- Repair and maintain automotive and drilling equipment, using hand tools.
- Observe and monitor equipment operation during the extraction process to detect any problems.
- Drive moving equipment to transport materials and parts to excavation sites.
- Clean up work areas and remove debris after extraction activities are complete.
- Organize materials to prepare for use.
- Provide assistance to extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers and derrick operators.
- Dismantle extracting and boring equipment used for excavation, using hand tools.
- Unload materials, devices and machine parts, using hand tools.
- Load materials into well holes or into equipment, using hand tools.
- Signal workers to start geological material extraction or boring.
- Clean and prepare sites for excavation or boring.
- Set up and adjust equipment used to excavate geological materials.
- Collect and examine geological matter, using hand tools and testing devices.
- Dig trenches.