What does a Concierge do?
Assist patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Make travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Receive, store, or deliver luggage or mail.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Pick up and deliver items or run errands for guests.
- Carry out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Arrange for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
- Provide directions to guests.
- Provide business services for guests, such as sending or receiving faxes or shipping packages.
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities.
- Arrange childcare services for guests.
- Clean and tidy hotel lounge.
- Provide food and beverage services to guests.